This year we celebrate the 52th anniversary of Earth Day. The topic selected as the most pressing theme for 2022 – Invest in our Planet.
The COVID-19 pandemic allowed the world to take a breath. People were forced to work from home and consumption of paper products declined. But with life returning to normal, people are increasingly enjoying the flexibility that hybrid work models brings. According to a global survey, 73% of employees prefer flexible hybrid work to stay in a post-pandemic state. Although the consumption of paper products declined while the world was locked down, research shows that paper consumption increased by 5% in 2021 and has returned to 2019 levels.
Sustainability and environmental protection have always been critical topics. The slowdown effect of the pandemic, meant both companies and consumers have become more and more concerned about the sustainability of their products. It is worth noting that the younger generation, especially Gen Z has a high awareness of sustainability in choosing products.
Here at PageProof, we are passionate about sustainability. We love that our online proofing solution offers a sustainable approach to reviewing and approving your creative work. Helping the future of our planet.
Here’s how we can help:
Make a positive impact on your organization’s carbon footprint by reducing the amount of paper you use. An average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year. This is not only a huge burden to the environment but also a substantial cost for the company.
And printing and writing only make up around a quarter of global paper consumption. An estimated 18 million acres of forest are lost each year to paper production. That’s the equivalent of 20 football fields every minute.
Online proofing means there is no need to print and compare versions or pass them on to someone else for feedback. A smart change with a huge impact.
Create greener businesses by taking your review and approval process of anything and everything online. Transportation is responsible for a huge chunk of the UK’s carbon emissions. Eliminating the use of delivery services for sending creative work in review between offices will reduce your carbon footprint.
Online proofing is made simple with PageProof. Eliminating the game of emails, feedback, and approvals mean you can efficiently review and approve your creative work, and track whether the changes have been made. The benefits are endless but notably include:
- Huge timesaver – feedback is streamlined with reviewers all commenting on the same proof, at the same time. Time savings result in a reduced carbon footprint as less energy is wasted.
- Reduce transportation emissions – comments are captured online, on one file version at a time. Reviewers receive the proof immediately with no wait.
- Printing materials are reduced – digital files are now routed. No more hard-copies with illegible mark-ups wasting paper, ink, and water.
- Costly mistakes are reduced – everything is clearly tracked, who asked for what changes, what was done versus not. Reducing the cycle of printing more versions.
- Turnaround times are quicker – designers and web developers work from a clear, single to-do list. The carbon footprint is reduced again.
To find out more about how PageProof can help you on your journey to invest in our planet, book a time to chat with one of our team.
Note: This article was updated with data and trends for 2021 where available.