This year we celebrate the 51th anniversary of Earth Day. The topic selected as the most pressing theme for 2021 – restore our Earth.
For most of 2020, the planet Earth was given a moment of reprieve, a chance to breathe as the world went into lockdowns caused by the COVID-19 epidemic. The demand for printing and writing papers declined rapidly, as businesses turned online.
However, with more businesses and schools returning to in-person attendance, it’s predicted that the rate of printing and writing paper consumption will reverse this course.
Here at PageProof, we are passionate about sustainability. We love that our online proofing solution offers a sustainable approach to reviewing and approving your creative work. Helping the future of our planet.
Here’s how we can help:
Make a positive impact on your organization’s carbon footprint by reducing the amount of paper you use. An average office worker uses 10,000 sheets of copy paper each year. This is not only a huge burden to the environment, but also a substantial cost for the company.
And printing and writing only make up around a quarter of global paper consumption. An estimated 18 million acres of forest are lost each year to paper production. That’s the equivalent of 20 football fields every minute.
Online proofing means there is no need to print and compare versions or pass them on for someone else for feedback. A smart change with a huge impact.
Create greener businesses by taking your review and approval process of anything and everything online. Transportation is responsible for a huge chunk of the UK’s carbon emissions. Eliminating the use of delivery services for sending creative work in review between offices will reduce your carbon footprint.
Online proofing is made simple with PageProof. Eliminating the game of emails, feedback, and approvals mean you can efficiently review and approve your creative work, and track whether the changes have been made. The benefits are endless but notably include:
- Huge timesaver – feedback is streamlined with reviewers all commenting on the same proof, at the same time. Time savings result in a reduced carbon footprint as less energy is wasted.
- Reduce transportation emissions – comments are captured online, on one file version at a time. Reviewers receive the proof immediately with no wait.
- Printing materials are reduced – digital files are now routed. No more hard-copies with illegible mark-ups wasting paper, ink, and water.
- Costly mistakes are reduced – everything is clearly tracked, who asked for what changes, what was done versus not. Reducing the cycle of printing more versions.
- Turnaround times are quicker – designers and web developers work from a clear, single to-do list. The carbon footprint is reduced again.
Note: This article was updated with data and trends for 2020 where available.