Changing consumer expectations are driving digital transformation in a post-pandemic world. Ongoing website review and update are, therefore, more crucial than ever for your business and its brand.
It is vital for your content to be fresh. Communications with your customers need to be clear, consistent, and up-to-date. It is also essential to maximize your website’s SEO value with the explosion of online searches and purchases.
However, most find the prospect of updating HTML content daunting.
Common concerns are around a secure, comprehensive, but simple review and approval process for all stakeholders and clients involved. Find out how PageProof can alleviate these concerns.
When working on client projects, the most popular website design workflow is to develop the site locally and then deploy it to some sort of private staging server for the client to review. When everyone has approved the design, it can be deployed to the live web server.
To allow all stakeholders to have easy and secure access to the staging server, it is common to add a password to the site. Ensuring that no one stumbles on your work in progress.
Once you have navigated the complexity of issuing and maintenance of logins the review process can start.
PageProof offers a seamless online proofing solution for every step of the website creation process. Best of all, we take security very seriously. And we know you do too, with 84% of customers being more loyal to companies with strong security controls.
PageProof has been designed to sit on top of a highly secure and rigorously tested platform. Each proof you send out can only be opened and viewed by those reviewers you intended. Forwarded links won’t work unless you have the PageProof shared feature turned on. Meaning, proofs are only visible to those invited to your review and approval workflow keeping your work private until it’s ready to go live.
Responsive design means your website (and its pages) can adapt and deliver the best experience to users, regardless of device type. This may also mean that the design and user experience differs depending on whether they’re using their desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
Therefore, when creating or amending your website, you should review the design across a range of device sizes.
This can be a time-consuming task if you are taking screenshots to capture each device size for your review. Even worse, you may find yourself resizing your browser’s window size to ‘sort of’ match the viewport sizes of smartphones and tablets. This quick-and-dirty trick for basic visual testing is a terribly inaccurate portrayal of the mobile device experience and it takes up a lot of time.
With PageProof’s website proofing, it is simple to change your viewport to check how the content responds to desktop, tablet, and mobile device views. It eliminates the need for reviewers to have a range of devices to check responsiveness.
Best of all, when you use your red pen to add comments to the proof each comment captures the device size, browser, and scroll position. Not only does this ensure feedback is given accurately and efficiently, but web developers and content managers have all the information they need to quickly address change requests. After all, you are after a timely turnaround of changes to reduce the time to go live.
PageProof has recently released a number of new powerful features that make the review and approval of HTML proofs even easier. Highlights include:
- Filter HTML proof comments by device size. Perfect for working through change requests in the order that suits you.
- Filter HTML proof comments by page URL. Work page-by-page as you address change requests.
- A ruler tool and gridlines when viewing HTML proofs. Making it simple to check positioning and alignment.
- A snapshot of the website page captures the review in time – perfect for comparing versions and useful for when commenting on embedded moving images such as GIFs and video.
- HTML proofing without a browser extension. Our browser extension is now optional. Making it simple to review HTML proofs on mobile too.
Collating and reviewing feedback is confusing, frustrating, and time-consuming when you rely on attaching a PDF into an email, pasting screenshots into a Word document, or putting a file into a shared space to ask your colleagues and clients for their comments.
Reviewing and approving HTML content is made smart and simple with PageProof. Eliminating the chaos of feedback emails means you can efficiently review and approve your website content, and track whether the changes have been made. The benefits are endless! We thought it worth highlighting the following:
- Huge timesaving – feedback is streamlined with reviewers all commenting on the same proof, at the same time
- Cost savings in courier costs and speed – comments are captured online, on one file version at a time. Reviewers receive the proof immediately with no wait.
- Printing costs are eliminated, clarity gained – digital files are now routed. No more hard-copies with illegible mark-ups.
- Costly mistakes are reduced – everything is clearly tracked, who asked for what changes, what was done versus not.
- Turnaround times are quicker – designers and web developers work from a clear, single to-do list
Even though website changes may seem daunting at first, they can be made simple, smart, and secure using PageProof. To find out more, choose a time to chat with us.
NOTE: This article was updated in July 2021 to reflect the new features added by PageProof at this time.